Wednesday, December 13, 2023

The Summer I Fell in Love With Reading


The Summer I Turned Pretty By Jenny Han. 

The Summer I Turned Pretty is a book and a TV series on Prime Video. The book series is The Summer I Turned Pretty, It’s Not Summer Without You, and We’ll Always Have Summer. When I first started reading The Summer I Turned Pretty, I fell in love with the storyline and characters. The main character is Isabelle Conklin, Belly. She has liked Conrad Fisher since she was twelve. But he has never shown much interest until this summer. Jeremiah is Conrad’s younger, better-looking brother. Jeremiah has been a better friend to Belly forever. While also having a fat crush on her. When Belly finds out she realizes that Jeremiah might be a better choice, but she can’t get her mind off Conrad.

The author makes the storyline very engaging and easy to follow. She uses flashbacks to help us understand where the story is headed. I will say I didn’t like the ending because she ended up with the brother I didn’t want, but it's ok. The plot goes back and forth between loving Jeremiah to loving Conrad. I think that this makes the story 10 times more engaging.

I read these books over the summer and I couldn't stop reading. Every day I had my book with me and a water bottle. I was entertained for hours on end. Until the sad day when I finished all 3 books. 


-Zoe



4 comments:

  1. Great blog, seems like a good book! Got to love a good love triangle. I also hate it when characters pick the love interest I didn't like. I hope the author has other books like this now that you've finished this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! You explain the basic storyline in a way everyone would understand, but you still left room for analysis. You also used good adjectives to convey your own feelings of specific characters. You clearly liked the books (except for the ending) and I'm glad you were able to write about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Such a neat post title!! I love how you provided an engaging, condensed summary with just the right amount of information. Also, if you've also watched the TV series, which do you think is better? I've watched the TV series, but haven't read the books. Would you recommend reading them to me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job, I like that your summary matched well if you explaining the novel. I am glad that you liked the books.

    ReplyDelete

Is posting online about teen pregnancy spreading awareness or glamorizing it?

  All over social media platforms there are various posts about teen pregnancies and ‘baby fever.’ These posts claim to spread awareness but...